Eugene David
...The One-Minute Pundit

Sunday, August 17, 2003


MORE FREE ENTERPRISE AT WORK: Today I was in a Rong-Aid -- the one where the imbecile clerks laughed at me (I'm forgiving, or stupid), the one that plays a radio station, a CHEAP CHANNEL, on its PA (annoying -- and illegal), and said Rong-Aid and CHEAP CHANNEL station subject me to an AOL Boobs 'n' Braves Channel, er, TBS Superstation ad for A PIECE OF JUNK, and at the end of said ad came the following friendly reminder: "Brought to you by Verizon." Which means many things: Verizon doesn't care what it spends its customers' money on, AOL cut a deal with Verizon and CHEAP CHANNEL to save money promoing the PIECE OF JUNK, and on and on and on. Already I can hear some idiot spokespoop mumbling, "Well we paid for Verizon Hall!" Yeah -- and you probably got more in tax breaks than you donated. Sorry morons, in most of your markets, you're still REGULATED, and the fact that you take pride in financing a PIECE OF JUNK on television tells me you want to waste OUR MONEY.

Home
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker