Eugene David
...The One-Minute Pundit

Wednesday, November 26, 2003


The two sides of USA OKAY -- the Web site, that is (like father, like son):

MAYO CLINIC OFFICIAL PREDICTS WORST FLU SEASON IN 30 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRITNEY SPEARS ALBUM DEBUTS AT NO. 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what Buzz T. Newhouse may have had in mind when he complained about TV news,

I can skip that stupid busiest-travel-day-of-the-year story today. And I can skip those stupid busiest-shopping-days-of-the-year on Friday and the day after Christmas. I'll also skip most city-digs-out-after-blizzard stories, thank you. And I'll admit that I'm not getting much out of the conjoined-twins-separated-in-long-and-risky-operation stories, either.

This, of course, isn't really news. Neither is much of USA OKAY.

Home
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker