Eugene David
...The One-Minute Pundit

Thursday, April 29, 2004


More proof that HIGH-PROFILE, HIGH-EXPENSE FINANCING OF JUNK TELEVISION WORKS: Pepsi issued 100 million iTunes in its recent promotion. Only FIVE PERCENT HAVE BEEN REDEEMED.

I just bought a MiniDisc machine (uBid's having a fire sale for Sony) and am waiting for MICKEY D's to waste some money on me.

P. S. I know, I know ALL about the big debate of iPod vs. MiniDisc, I know ALL about how MDs lack capacity, how they're inconvenient to download, and you can't upload analog recordings at high speed, but when I first laid eyes on my new recorder I could not stop marvelling at it whatever its quirks. I can even enter titles with the jog dial. If THAT isn't the measure of a dweeb. (Sony's answering its critics with a new incompatible generation of MD machines -- and a fire sale. It's hard to believe this isn't the last gasp for the format.)

Home
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker