Eugene David
...The One-Minute Pundit

Sunday, May 23, 2004


I reluctantly post away even though I know it won't get any hits: one of Curley's (Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk!) Stooges lets a little unintended thinking get through:

At least 300,000 people were murdered by security forces and buried in mass graves during the dictator's 23-year rule, U.S. officials say, and human rights workers put the number closer to 500,000.

"We cannot compare the situation now with how it was before," Nouri Jaber al-Nouri, inspector general of the Interior Ministry, said recently. "Iraqis used to fear everything. ... But now, despite all that is happening, we feel safe."


Of course, what is any news hack's campaigning without a but, BUT...I have never been angrier at news hacks than I am now. I don't not trust them ONE IOTA to tell the truth, I only expect them to lie, to spin, to sell, and to make BIG BUCKS for themselves; the industry is one part JAYSON and one part GRAYDON. This generation of NEWS HACKS must be the most petty and corrupt in the whole sleazy sordid history of their business -- and that's why I'm so frustrated in blogging.


Home
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker