Eugene David
...The One-Minute Pundit

Sunday, October 31, 2004


I know I'm supposed to laugh, but I'm depressed. Has SNL ever been good at doing anything but turning out loud comedians for bad hit movies?

And now it's added lip-synching to the repertory. Just like American Bandstand. Wonderful.

P. S. Next year this month the alleged comedy revue will have been on the air thirty years. The IDIOT Jeff Greenfield wrote a gushing rave for New York its very first month, and that's what kept it going. He deserves a huge chunk of the royalties -- and the blame.

I guess I'm depressed because I just got through listening to Hoagy Carmichael singing and playing "Stardust." He wrote that song 77 years ago (he was STILL ALIVE through SNL's FIRST SEVEN SEASONS!!!!!), and it's forever. Can't our age do anything but break wind violently and laugh at it?

WHATEVER HAPPENED TO THE COKEHEAD JOHN BELUSHI?

Home
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker