Eugene David
...The One-Minute Pundit

Wednesday, May 18, 2005


Having just bought some software from an eBay merchant I am nonetheless seized with an ardent desire when I get home to throw my computer out the window. Are the PC and its bride the Web good for anything but conspicuous consumption and the willies? And the PC is a machine that assures you'll spend on its welfare, and the welfare of its friends. I'd guess I'll spend $400 counting the software to upgrade my Dell, and even then I expect to buy a new computer when Bill's latest experiment in bug-breeding, aka Longhorn, emerges from its cocoon. Then there are the CDs, the books, the DVDs, the clothes, the countless things you can buy online. Those who say computing isn't an addiction have never done it.

Home
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker