Eugene David
...The One-Minute Pundit

Friday, May 20, 2005


Last night while urging a DVD burner into my money hog (I don't know why I bought it) I came across part of an old Glenn Miller CD box set that was lying around, and I thought, this was recorded with the most primitive technology -- a stylus on an acetate disc or wax cake on a pulley-driven lathe, and decades from now people will listen. Today I commit more of my hundreds of thousands of useless words to this useless blog, knowing no one reads them now, forget about even two weeks hence; and I'm mad because I can't get a word through the ether in edgewise, and so many rascals like the SUPERDUPERMEGAGIGABLOGGERS seem to do it with ease, and add further nothing to the great unprecedented abundance of nothing that is our age, an age that equates popularity with immortality and attitude with excellence. And we don't have the advantage of musical talent, or a stylus on an acetate disc; we're just automatons with nothing better to offer than unfunny witticisms or truthless aphorisms, saying things that don't become any wiser on their millionth iteration, typing out zillions of zeroes and ones that will be upgraded or obsoleted into oblivion. I am truly tired of blogging.

Home
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker