Eugene David
...The One-Minute Pundit

Tuesday, May 30, 2006




I know this might nowadays be called an arthouse picture -- I'm sorry, to me that's a term of shame -- but we once had a healthy foreign film business which didn't need help from euphemisms; and looking at this still -- that's Claudia Cardinale (what became of her?) with Jacques Perrin in something called Girl with a Suitcase (what a title!), by Valerio Zurlini -- there was also a time when men at the movies had something to look forward to.

One thing about my job and my apartment is they leave me no money to waste buying DVDs or else I'd go ahead and search this out. Quite possibly it's dull -- it is, after all, endorsed by The Paper of Re-cord -- but then again, with a face like that, maybe it isn't.

Home
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker