Eugene David
...The One-Minute Pundit

Saturday, November 25, 2006


JonBoy interviews an expert on -- branding, branding as it pertains to -- foreign affairs, and gets some of the stinkiest prose to invade his territory since the Koran went in the toilet:

Israel talks of turning round its image. What can it hope to achieve?
Israel has the most catastrophically bad image. In fact, its figures [in the index] are some of the lowest I have ever recorded across the spectrum from culture to governance, from products and the land itself. In a case like that, I don’t think there is virtually anything you can do, and it may be counterproductive to try. One thing you can’t do with public opinion is to change the subject, and the thing with Israel, the subject is its various conflicts.


TRANSLATION: I don't know the damnedest thing about governments, but you called me in to offer PR advice relating to a movie, so this is the least I can do. It's not as if I'm the most ignorant on your premises, anyway; editors who can link world events to marketing buzzwords must be pretty ignorant in their own right. Besides, people like you pay me big bucks to dispense my ignorance. As your interview request proves, I'm in demand!

This is far worse than Black Friday stories -- because such blather happens 365 days a year.

Home
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker