Eugene David
...The One-Minute Pundit

Sunday, November 19, 2006


Unless our IGGLES stage a streak to end all streaks I won't have to momentarily leave town on SUPER BORE SUNDAY. (Praaaaaaaaaaaaaaise de LOHD!) But skimming the scoreboard I'm amazed at all the teams straddling .500. The NFL calls this "parity." I call it boredom. How can people get excited at football played at such a low level?

Fortunately I stopped being excited about professional sports a long time ago.

P. S. at 6:20 P. M. I wrote this before I heard of the injury. I wouldn't have been so flippant otherwise. Here's one reason I've tuned them out; football especially is prone to these dreadful fluke mishaps. You needn't follow the game and one look and you know. The IGGLES fans are understandably funerary, but being funerary, and for nothing, is another reason I no longer closely follow sports.

Did I write "parody" in my original post? Yes I did. Not all that inapt, though.

Home
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker