Eugene David
...The One-Minute Pundit

Friday, July 10, 2009


After having to encounter an especially excruciating front-page ad in today's local Metro I consoled myself to think it may soon fold. The publisher denies it; but there's been nothing of the annoying hawkers at the subway station this week and no piles of the toilet paper in view. A bad (or good) sign: I did see a vagrant trundling off with a sheaf for his bedding. A free "newspaper" as bedding -- that's all Metro is (and soon, I hope, to be was) good for.

And it's not just our Metro; I suspect in five years most free dailies will be poof. The beauty part is they may have weaned enough people off pay papers to permanently weaken them. Anything to debilitate a strong press. (PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!!!!!)

P. S. at 2:50 p. m. The ad ran on the front page of all three of the spun off Metros. Here's hoping they all fold!

Home
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker