Eugene David
...The One-Minute Pundit

Tuesday, October 27, 2009


I would not have posted on this but when I read the Pinstripes are "heavy 2-1 favorites" I cringed. You'd think these days reps wouldn't count for much being constantly trashed, but that 2-1 is mostly Ruth and Gehrig and DiMaggio, and they may not be on the team. Meantime the Big Apple's hacks refer to "Silly-Delphia" and "the Frillies", the sort of mockery that looks awfully embarrassing after a rout. And neither city should point fingers -- we have our ghettoes, NOO YAWK has Goldman Sachs.

I suspect the professional sports buffs are picking "our" guys, and I wouldn't care less either way but for the prospect of more sleepless nights, and more Blutory. I further suspect this will do better in the ratings; last year was such an anomaly. But onward and downward thereafter for a sport that -- richly deserves it.

Interesting too that Joysey's rooting mostly for the Yanks, but then Joysey's mostly an Apple suburb.

No wisecracks about the smell. Got it?


Nope.

Home
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker