Eugene David
...The One-Minute Pundit

Wednesday, August 17, 2011


During his decade-long run as a booster, Shapiro came to be known as "Little Luke," a derivative of "Uncle Luke," nickname of entertainer Luther Campbell, who notoriously took care of UM players in the 1980s and 90s. Campbell took exception Wednesday to Shapiro calling himself "Little Luke" in the Yahoo! report and wrote a blog ripping the booster for associating himself with Campbell.

I don't know, Unc, wasn't he merely following in the footsteps of a master?


First of all, I have never been a UM booster. I have never given a dime to the school. I have and always will support the players and the program out of civic pride, but I never violated any NCAA rules when I was the team's biggest fan in the '80s. And I definitely would not have ever paid for a stripper to abort a baby allegedly fathered by a UM football player, like Shapiro claims he did.

You can't be me just by reading a Dan Le Batard article in the
Miami Herald from 21 years ago alleging I paid players for hits on the field. The NCAA investigated those accusations and found no wrongdoing on my part. This notion that I was paying players is false. It never happened.

Aw, don't be so modest!

(Via CBS Sports)

Home
Site Meter eXTReMe Tracker